Krissy2012
Kindred Spirit

Re: Why do girls cut their hair off?

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:43 pm

cool
“I can't cheer up — I don't want to cheer up. It's nicer to be miserable!” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

hannikan
Kindred Spirit

Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:11 am

toddm wrote:^ Anne Hathaway has a very lovely face - so, like someone said, that's what can sometimes make short hair work - she reminds me somewhat of Audrey Hepburn

---todd

I was thinking that she looks like Audrey Hepburn with the short hair. Les Mis is something to look forward to! I had to read it in French in French class.
ImageImageImage

Shelly
Bosom Friend

Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:27 am

Yeah, Anne does look quite Audrey-esque.

toddm
Window Friend

Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:16 pm

hannikan wrote:Les Mis is something to look forward to! I had to read it in French in French class.

It's one of the few Broadway musicals that we really like, we've seen it twice when it came to town - my wife read the book, which is a huge volume even in paperback, but I haven't read it myself - I need to though, it's a great story

---todd

Krissy2012
Kindred Spirit

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:31 am

I understand in the summer time why girls chop of there hair..it's much cooler hair style.
“I can't cheer up — I don't want to cheer up. It's nicer to be miserable!” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

Dylan
Bosom Friend

Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:09 pm

toddm wrote:
hannikan wrote:Les Mis is something to look forward to! I had to read it in French in French class.

It's one of the few Broadway musicals that we really like, we've seen it twice when it came to town - my wife read the book, which is a huge volume even in paperback, but I haven't read it myself - I need to though, it's a great story

---todd

I really liked the non-musical movie version of Les Misérables made in 1998, I saw it in a cinema. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oni72Fl7xaw

Vanja
Bosom Friend

Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:17 pm

Dylan wrote:I really liked the non-musical movie version of Les Misérables made in 1998, I saw it in a cinema. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oni72Fl7xaw

Me too. It was really good.

Krissy2012
Kindred Spirit

Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:19 am

My friend just cut her hair like that. Doesn't look good on her. Not when you have like real wavy hair. Looks messy. My other friend got the same cut and she looks good. I used to think only old people get this cut.

Kelkitty
Orphan

Re: Why do girls cut their hair off

Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:54 am

Frankly I find this offensive. I have short hair and I love it. My hair used to be down to my mid back and I used it as a way to protect myself (I am very shy) I never felt beautiful or confident when I had long hair. You said that girls cut their hair because "they don't want to be beautiful" well for me it's the opposite and their are plenty of beautiful women who have short hair. Also I am a dancer, dancers with short hair are not very common, but cutting my hair has made me more confident in preforming and trying new things in dance. My hair cut is actually based off of one of Natile Portman's pixies. So don't be so stupid next time u post something. :roll:

toddm
Window Friend

Re: Why do girls cut their hair off

Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:19 am

Kelkitty wrote:Frankly I find this offensive. I have short hair and I love it. ... So don't be so stupid next time u post something. :roll:

ouch - I'm sure you look great, no offense intended - it was just a trivial little topic I started a couple years back, was interested at the time, that's all
---todd

KindredSpiritRachel
Bosom Friend

Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:37 am

I once found a Youtube video of a really young Megan Follows with very short hair, in The Littlest Hobo. I remarked that "Anne of Green Gables" really looked like the boy wanted by the Cuthberts to help on the farm!

In Anne I, following the hair-dye incident, Anne/Megan given a gorgeous hair-cut, isn't she? :mrgreen: But in the book, we're told that the result = not "becoming", at all.

pixiee
Orphan

Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:55 am

It depends on them maybe they want to change something.

KindredSpiritRachel
Bosom Friend

Thu May 25, 2017 6:15 am

Possibly the only way to stop agonising over someone you physically admire (re envy/inferiority/heartbreak) is to imagine them with a different hairstyle. For instance, one can spend ages, even years, wondering if a gorgeous guy ever sits on the toilet; hoping to hear/read somewhere that he does (it would stop you feeling so physically inferior to him :oops: ), but instead you just end up hearing/reading that he's more gay than straight. (So he gets knocked off his pedestal, but not in the way you want!) The only solution is to think "All it would take a new hair-do which IMO didn't suit him, and he'd look as mortal as myself, at least!" It's the way to save a few tears on your pillow.

That does not, of course, mean you have the right to tell the person what they should do with their hair!

Return to “General Chat”