henk

"Wizard of Oz" 1910

Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:30 pm

One of the nice things of YouTube are the tags.
Sometimes the tags seem to be off-topic.
But they can lead to unexpected and interesting sideways.

This is how I found this vintage Wizard of Oz, 1910
I find it too special to put it in the general Youtube-topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObVWrLEJJZo

(13 minutes )

Henk
Bosom Friend

Re:

Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:11 am

Above link does not work anymore, and I cannot edit the message because lost access to that account.
I might as well bump it.

Wizard of Oz, 1910

KindredSpiritRachel
Bosom Friend

Re:

Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:43 am

Dorothy = played by Bebe Daniels; she survived Judy Garland by 2 years. I wonder if they ever met?

Maxfan1
Bosom Friend

Re:

Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:56 pm

I saw this on TCM as part of a Treasures From the Archives anthology. It is basically a filming of the highlights from the Wizard of Oz stage play. Bebe Daniels became a big star in later years. She was the temperamental stage star in 42nd Street. However, she left Hollywood for England in 1935. Along with her husband Ben Lyons, she became very popular on British radio, especially in Life With the Lyons. I don't know if she ever met Judy Garland. It isn't impossible, but doesn't seem likely with the two of them on opposite sides of the Atlantic.

KindredSpiritRachel
Bosom Friend

Re:

Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:19 am

When was the Wizard of Oz story set? If it was supposed to take place in the 1870s, then there's potential for a crossover fanfic with AoGG: Dorothy becomes restless again, and this time she ends up in Avonlea, instead of Oz! She finds a kindred spirit in Anne Shirley. Anne's laugh has been admired, but she covet's Dorothy's singing-voice...

Return to “Movie / TV / Music”