l.m montgomery rocks!
Bosom Friend

PROM

Sun May 10, 2009 11:41 pm

here is the place to talk about Prom. Mine is on June 4th! I found my dress yesterday.
ImageImageImage

hannikan
Kindred Spirit

Re: PROM

Sun May 10, 2009 11:56 pm

Congrats! All my students are talking about prom. Hearing about all the little details, it reminds me of my own wedding planning. :o
ImageImageImage

Myra of Green Gables
Bosom Friend

Mon May 11, 2009 9:10 am

Tell me WHY there in this stupid little Slovakia ISN´T a tradition of PROMS???????? ??? ??? ???
[img]http://i33.tinypic.com/wgoox1.jpg[/img] 
[img]http://i46.tinypic.com/vxmg00.jpg[/img] [img]http://i47.tinypic.com/2hn9yyq.jpg[/img]         
Weeping may endure for a night but joy cometh in the morning.

[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/349dhso.jpg[

annecordelia
Adopted

Sat May 23, 2009 11:50 am

My brother's prom is coming up. He doesn't really care; in his books it definetly isn't a capital letters post type thing. It's more American, I guess. Paloma has to sort everything out for him!(Paloma is the girl he's going to prom with BTW). Here in Britian, I don't think people really care that much about it. I'm looking forward to my prom though- only five years to wait :)
Mirka why don't you host a mini-prom?  :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Gibson
Window Friend

Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:02 pm

You live in Slovakia? you have to be kidding! Do you post in English? Cool!!! You may think the US is so cool, but most of us don't even see the Statue of Liberty!! Really, you shouldn't be disappointed about not having a prom. A lot of times the evening ends up with people getting drunk or having sex. It isn't exactly the best way for juniors and seniors to begin their adult lives. A ball or something more structured and romantic would be awesome, but I guess it is too uppity-up for some people to want to attend. I'd LOVE to go to a BALL! As soon as I get married to an extremely wealthy guy, I will start attending and hosting amazing balls . . . like I'll ever meet a rich guy!!! Oh well. Who knows what could happen? I just know that if I couldn't marry for love then I would want to marry an x-tremely rich guy. ;D
"There is a deeper magic that rules over Narnia . . ."

MarigoldLesley
Bosom Friend

Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:48 am

^ LOL. Well, the US isn't that bad. There all types of people there, and it all depends on who you are. Btw, we have a lot of non-US/Canadian forummers, and all post in English. :D

annecordelia
Adopted

Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:08 pm

MarigoldLesley wrote:^ LOL. Well, the US isn't that bad. There all types of people there, and it all depends on who you are. Btw, we have a lot of non-US/Canadian forummers, and all post in English. :D

Like me ('cept it doesn't work seeing as I'm English. There is a whole post about where we are all from :)  And Mirka, you have read the Princess Diaries, haven't you? There's loads of stuff about prom in there, you might find yourself not wanting one.

Gibson, I totally agree. A ball, with gorgeous gowns, and jazz music, and very sophisticated dinner *starts to daydream*
[/url]

IluvGilbert
Bosom Friend

Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:14 pm

I agree with the the ball thing. I'd much rather have a ball than have a prom. But, of course, i've never gone to a prom. My school hosts formal. The Christian version of the prom. Dresses and all, but no dancing. We eat dinner together on a boat/country club and then we can go do what we want later but no one's ever done the things that I know are in PD.
"I don't want sunbursts and marble halls. I just want you."

Myra of Green Gables
Bosom Friend

Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:28 am

Well, guys, you´re trying to persuade me that prom isn´t a good thing? It sounds like a prom is some great party very close to slovakian "Friday nights". Is it really like that? Anyway, I´d like to take part on at least one prom. For experience:D
But if I could choose between prom and ball, I´d choose ball. Definitely. I love balls with all of the dresses and nice behaviour and elegancy and... etc. Balls are perfect! (although I´ve never been to any:()
[img]http://i33.tinypic.com/wgoox1.jpg[/img] 
[img]http://i46.tinypic.com/vxmg00.jpg[/img] [img]http://i47.tinypic.com/2hn9yyq.jpg[/img]         
Weeping may endure for a night but joy cometh in the morning.

[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/349dhso.jpg[

IluvGilbert
Bosom Friend

Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:57 pm

Oh, I'm not. Not at all. I think people are more thinking about what happens after the prom. How some couples rent hotel rooms and such.  ;D

anneinspirit
Window Friend

Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:33 pm

Where I'm from, Prom isn't about getting drunk or having sex. A couple people have parties or breakfasts afterwards, but only one each year is about the drinking. Our Proms end at 12 midnight so some people invite a bunch of friends and make pancakes and stuff for breakfast. After two proms, I only know one person who got drunk after Prom. It's not really what the movies make it out to be, trust me. I enjoyed both my Proms immensely and made memories i'll never forget. Mostly because me and all my friends were sober. LOL.

IluvGilbert
Bosom Friend

Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:36 pm

That's really great how your proms aren't like what the movies and what some people's proms are. I wish that it was like that where I live. But, I've never gone to one, I've just heard stories. That sounds really fun though, the way that you guys do it. ;D

anneinspirit
Window Friend

Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:11 am

Well, I'm from Louisiana. We like to party, but we're still all about the fun and hospitality. All the proms around here are like that, not just the ones at my school. As far as I know, Proms like what happen in the movies only happen in real life in big cities. I don't know anyone who rented a hotel room for after Prom. Our dances are all at the school, so it's pointless to do that. We have to take breathalyzers just in case, but I don't know of anyone who wasn't allowed into the dance because they didn't pass the test. We're from the south: we just like to dance and enjoy time with family and friends.

IluvGilbert
Bosom Friend

Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:37 pm

Lol, well, I live in a big city. That's probably why I've heard everything that I have. We have almost 2 million people who live in my city, let alone all of the tourists. So that is probably why.  ;)

anneinspirit
Window Friend

Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:48 pm

California? New York? Chicago? I'm assuming you're from the US but correct me if I'm wrong. And how old are you? Going to your own Prom anytime soon?

anneinspirit
Window Friend

Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:04 pm

Oh, I forgot Vegas is a big city. But i guess Prom there would go along with the stereotype. Haha. Did you go this year? If next year is your senior year, then you definitely have to go to Prom. Haha. I know people who never went to a single dance, but went to senior prom.

IluvGilbert
Bosom Friend

Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:55 am

Yes, it does go along with the stereotype, lol. No, I ended up not going this year, but we don't have prom at my school. They've replaced it with the formal and that's where we go out to eat and then go different places. It's kind of like a prom minus the dancing, and as far as I know, there's never been any mishaps with it. But, yes, next year is my senior year, and for sure I am going no matter what.

anneinspirit
Window Friend

Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:08 pm

Wow, that's odd. We don't have anything like that here. Why the switch?

IluvGilbert
Bosom Friend

Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:47 pm

Yes, I know that it's odd to people who don't attend my school. They switched it for my school because it's a private Christian school so they don't really support dancing and all of that.

anneinspirit
Window Friend

Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:13 pm

Oh...ok. I would go crazy if there weren't any dances. I was born and raised Catholic, but I'm still a dancin' fool. Haha. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I couldn't go to a school dance.

IluvGilbert
Bosom Friend

Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:51 pm

Lol.  ;D I've never been to a school dance before, even when I was in public school. So, for me, I honestly don't know what I'm missing and I think that's why it doesn't bother me right now.

greencarrots
Bosom Friend

Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:28 pm

never a dance?!
dancing is my favorite
my friend hosted on as an end of the summer bash in a loft "Summer in the City" they called it
her and her bother did it so there were a TON of junoirs and senoirs
that stuff is INTENSE
oh my god
i stayed sober on red-bull but it's hard not to get sucked into some crazy dancing when you're in a room of 300 drunk people

that's the closest i've gotten to prom....yet
"A little opposition gives spice to life."
~Gilbert Blythe~

anneinspirit
Window Friend

Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:35 pm

That sounds pretty crazy, greencarrots.
I've never been to anything that wild. But it sounds kinda fun. LOL.

annecordelia
Adopted

Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:22 am

It was my brother's prom on Friday.
The food was bad, he said. And he didn't play black-jack or roulette (there was a Las Vegas theme). Plus, the girl he went with got cat pee on her dress :o
[/url]

MarigoldLesley
Bosom Friend

Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:31 am

Big Bro had a bad prom experience? Uh-oh :P
I hope he took it well...and that it wasn't too bad. But it does sound funny.  :P ;)

annecordelia
Adopted

Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:51 am

I think they all enjoyed it, but my brother likes to moan.
[/url]

anneinspirit
Window Friend

Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:02 pm

Our proms don't really have a theme like that. I mean, there's a theme but the room is only decorated in the theme, nothing else. And there is some finger foods and drinks, but nothing major. Most people go eat before they get there so they can dance and enjoy themselves once they arrive.

l.m montgomery rocks!
Bosom Friend

Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:48 pm

My theme was A Midsummer Night's Dream and it was so much fun.
The decorations were really nice, white and blue with ribbons. I took a lot of pictures and went in a limo with all my friends.
Most of the proms near me have a lot of afterparties where there is a lot of drinking etc. but it's not part of prom so you don't have to go. I personally didn't go to an "afterparty" per se. I just went to a friends house (about 15 of us went to her house) and we hung out (no drinking or drugs etc.). It would probably be considered lame by most people. A lot of people where I live will go up to a cottage after prom and get drunk and stuff. Wasaga Beach is a popular distance for most. (Graduation is also when a lot of people do hardcore partying).

Anyway I'll tell you what my Prom dress looked like. It was strapless and floorlength (which came in handy when I was dancing because I took my shoes off and no one noticed lol). It was a blue and black patterned dress with a sweet heart neckline/bust.
ImageImageImage

greencarrots
Bosom Friend

Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:14 am

BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA
*cat pee*

the dress sounds pretty lmmrox
"A little opposition gives spice to life."
~Gilbert Blythe~

Cryslody
Orphan

Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:14 pm

Pretty prom dresses , always attract a lot of people's attention!

Return to “Teen Chat”