Gill forever
Orphan

Did Jonathan and Megan have feelings for each other?

Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:22 am

I have always wondered if Jonathan and Megan had feelings for each other because there are little things in the films that you can tell wouldn't have been part of the script that they both did. Jonathan was amazing in his acting and I am sure he was outside of acting as well. I would have loved to have met him. I hope some day to meet Megan.

ila816
Window Friend

Re: Did Jonathan and Megan have feelings for each other?

Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:48 pm

I'm not sure about anything romantic , but I do know they were good friends for decades. They might have briefly dated in their younger years. Some of the acting could have been improv. I often wonder if he and Schuyler might have dated as well in their youth. It's hard to believe, but Jon would have turned 50 next month!

Gill forever
Orphan

Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:06 pm

I agree some of the there acting could have been improve but there things that Jonathan and Megan did in the films that aren't very noticeable that wouldn't have been improve or in the the script. I am sure Jonathan and Schuyler were really good friends but I can't image them dating. I know it is very hard to believe he would have been 50 next month. Jonathan was gorgeous and I am sure he was a very sweet and caring man.

ila816
Window Friend

Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:59 pm

You ain't kidding about time being a thief! I'm only a year younger ! It is hard to believe sometimes 31 years have passed since the film's debut, but that's life. Youth is indeed fleeting. I agree, JC was a cutie. I'm grateful I had the chance to meet him briefly backstage after his play in Chicago in 2008. Who know maybe if luck is on my side, I might get a chance to meet Megan as well someday.

Gill forever
Orphan

Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:15 pm

What was he like when you met him briefly? I am 12 years younger but that's not that much of a difference really well at least not to me anyway. Thank you for your comments I love reading them.

ila816
Window Friend

Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:35 pm

I only spoke to him briefly and mentioned that I was a fan of AOGG. He seemed to like that. I then asked for an autograph and shook his hand. I think I said enjoy Chicago or something of that nature. He was the first TV celebrity I ever spoke to in person. I have met a few local news people over the years. Furthermore, in 1982 as a teen, I saw actor Todd Bridges of "Different Strokes " fame in a parade, and Susan Lucci of the soap AMC at a store once. But I never got a chance to speak to them. I did speak to legendary singer Jerry Butler once over the phone in the 90's. My late mom knew him back in the day.

Gill forever
Orphan

Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:08 pm

That is wonderful!!! I have met only one famous actor and it was a blessing and Gift from my daughter. I met Bruce Boxleitner a little over a year ago. I have never desired to meet very many famous people. I always wanted to meet Jonathan,Megan and Kate Jackson,Bruce Boxleitner and George Strait. They are the only ones I have wanted to meet. It's very rare you find TV Show or movie where the couple in it work together so good that you know there has to be feelings toward each other to to make it an epic love story. That's exactly how it is with Jonathan and Megan in Anne of Green Gables and Bruce and Kate in Scarecrow and Mrs King. I have never seen in any other TV Show or movie to this day.

ila816
Window Friend

Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:36 pm

I have heard Bruce is very nice. Is he still married to Melissa Gilbert or did they get divorced? I was a big fan of Little House as a teen and child. Three other period shows I liked was "Dr. Quinn", "Mad Men", and " The Waltons". I can see AOGG enchanting fans 50 years from now. It's a modern classic.

Gill forever
Orphan

Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:53 pm

Bruce is so nice. I was able to talk with him and I was able to have pictures taken with him and he signed every season of my my scarecrow and Mrs King. He is really funny. No Bruce and Melissa divorced in 2012. I completely agree with you that AOGG enchanting fan 50 year form now. Yes it is a modern classic.

Gill forever
Orphan

Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:30 pm

Does anyone know how tall Megan is?

ila816
Window Friend

Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:11 pm

I think I once read she is 5'2.

Gill forever
Orphan

Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:41 pm

I was just wondering cause you can see a bit of height difference between Jonathan and Megan.

KindredSpiritRachel
Bosom Friend

Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:04 am

Megan has apparently said:

"He was incredibly funny, Jonathan just had an amazing sense of humour. Truly I just remember at times just laughing so hard that you’d just be crying. He was so playful and silly and as I said really bright, so his humour was always informed with that, which made him even funnier. He had that beautiful face."

felicity18
Bosom Friend

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:14 pm

KindredSpiritRachel wrote:Megan has apparently said:

"He was incredibly funny, Jonathan just had an amazing sense of humour. Truly I just remember at times just laughing so hard that you’d just be crying. He was so playful and silly and as I said really bright, so his humour was always informed with that, which made him even funnier. He had that beautiful face."

I agree he had a beautiful face. He was beautiful inside and out.

felicity18
"Yes, but your not one of those persons are you? Courage Gus Pike. Take your strength from those who love you. We'll survive all this. I promise you." Hetty King to Gus Pike

KindredSpiritRachel
Bosom Friend

Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:02 pm

Is there an official media source of the info about Jonathan dating "Christine"? I "heard" it from other fans.

ila816
Window Friend

Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:51 pm

I might be wrong, but I could have sworn Jonathan mentioned dating the actress briefly in a 2012 interview for a fan blog. I think I posted it years ago.

Return to “About the Characters & Actors in Anne of Green Gables”