felicity18
Bosom Friend

Re: Lally Cadeau on Murdoch Mysteries

Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:10 pm

Season 9 Episode 18: This was one of those holy crap season finales for Murdoch Mysteries. I really loved the first scene with William and Julia in bed together. They looked to happy together and I always love seeing them this way. I hope that we will see William and Julia in their home sometime in the new season.

As for the crime plot I always knew that it was Eva Pearce who shot Julia. She was a manipulative psychopath and I'm glad that they got rid of her. I really liked the machine that William used to get through to Julia while she was in her coma. It just proved once more the profound connection between William and Julia. That's all I really have to say about it. I'm glad that there wasn't a big cliffhanger at the end of the episode. The whole thing was suspenseful and heart pounding enough.

I can't wait for season 10 of Murdoch Mysteries! Its going to be so great!

That's all for now,
felicity18
"Yes, but your not one of those persons are you? Courage Gus Pike. Take your strength from those who love you. We'll survive all this. I promise you." Hetty King to Gus Pike

HistoryMiner
Kindred Spirit

Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:55 am

I read on the news the season finale is already here! I'm kind of sad... I've really enjoyed catching up. Though luckily, I still have a few more episodes to watch.

Did anyone read this article from back in January, about Murdoch Mysteries and the US?
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/tel ... e28078232/

I'm avoiding spoilers, but this is a good interview with Yannick Bisson about the finale:
http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/20/ya ... ying-power

It's good to know that he's willing to do more Murdoch!

Maxfan1
Bosom Friend

Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:54 am

Loved the Globe and Mail article although it's obvious that some of my countrymen need to read some Canadian history. I disagree that The Artful Detective is a bad title. Murdoch is very artful in the way he proceeds with his investigations, so it does accurately describe the show. I agree that it's great that Yannick Bisson wants to continue playing Murdoch. I liked the question about a spinoff. One is long overdue. A show about Winifred "Winnie" Pink from "The Summer of '75" could be very enjoyable.

HistoryMiner
Kindred Spirit

Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:44 am

Season 9 Episode 16: This was a really good one. I liked seeing William and George working to exonerate Brackenreid. I also liked that nobody was killed... I was afraid for the records boss for a moment there. I'm glad Davis got caught, though I think he deserved more than that punishment.

I also liked seeing Rebecca James gain the confidence to do the autopsy on the man who fell from the ladder.

HistoryMiner
Kindred Spirit

Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:42 pm

Season 9 Episode 17: I did have mixed feelings about George getting involved with the burlesque dancer. I don't think it will last long since George expects more from the relationship than Nina. Hopefully, he didn't contract some sort of disease.

The case itself was decent, though it seemed like not much of a focus. I did enjoy the visit to Buffalo and the comment about the American flags. The Buffalo wings were quite hilarious.

I do like how Julia and William sees things differently. Poor lady who was set up for the blind date at the end!

HistoryMiner
Kindred Spirit

Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:51 am

I'm so sad the season is over! I have really enjoyed watching the episodes this season. It's amazing it's Season 9 and I must say better than ever. The characters are still very likeable, and I actually don't feel like they are repeating. I'll miss being able to catch up, and it'll be quite a wait until next season!

Season 9 Episode 18: This week was tense. I was really worried for Julia, though it was a bit too fast how she recovered and was able to get on a horse to rescue William.

I was really sad for the police officer who was killed by Eva Pearce. I like the background characters. Though it made me feel better to know the actor asked to be killed off.

I was never a fan of Eva, so I'm glad she's gone for good.

This is an interesting interview with the showrunner about Season 9 and the Season 9 finale which aired last week. He does give some teasers for next season, so just skip the end if you don't want to know.
http://www.tv-eh.com/2016/03/21/murdoch ... season-10/

felicity18
Bosom Friend

Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:26 pm

Thanks for posting the article about season 10 of Murdoch Mysteries. I know that the wait will be a long one to see season 10, but no matter what the wait is always worth it in the end.

I liked that they were able to tell us a few of the ideas that the writers have for season 10. Its always nice to hear about some of the ideas that they have for the show.

Can't wait for season 10 of Murdoch Mysteries!
felicity18
"Yes, but your not one of those persons are you? Courage Gus Pike. Take your strength from those who love you. We'll survive all this. I promise you." Hetty King to Gus Pike

Maxfan1
Bosom Friend

Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:46 am

For fans of Murdoch Mysteries and Road to Avonlea, here are some deeply moving readings of WWI era Canadian letters by Georgina Reilly and R.H. Thomson. Thomson's mastery of his letter writer's British accent is astounding. I'm not English, so I'm no expert, but I would say the accent is Liverpudlian or from somewhere in the north. Perhaps Kindred Spirit Rachel or one of our other British posters would know for certain. Both actors' readings convey some of the immediacy and vividness of what the Canadian WWI generation went through.
http://www.canadianletters.ca/content/georgina-reilly
http://www.canadianletters.ca/content/rh-thomson

felicity18
Bosom Friend

Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:28 pm

So season 10 of Murdoch Mysteries premiered last night and they've certainly started the season with a bang! Here are some of my thoughts.

Season 10 Episode 1: The premiere episode was a two part episode and the first part aired last night. So far I think its going to a great season. As for the story in this episode I think its intriguing the whole bachelor choosing a bachelorette, kind of like the TV show.

Anyway I was really surprised that they brought back Eva Pierce as ghost who's haunting Julia. I just don't understand why she didn't tell William what was going on with her. Julia is different this season because she killed Eva Pierce, but that was in self defense. I hope that William an Julia will get through this alright.

The whole thing with the fire was interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing what will happened next in part two.

felicity18

felicity18
Bosom Friend

Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:42 pm

Season 10 Episode 2: This week's episode was the second part of The Great Balls of Fire. I really enjoyed the second part of the story.

I really enjoyed how the show was able to insert this historical event in Toronto into the show. It provides a sense of realism to the show. As for the murder plot, I was so confused as to who it was that killed the girls. However as the story started to unfold itself I understood better who it was that did it.

I thought it was very brave (though not surprising) that William was courageous enough to go into the burning building to save Julia. I felt bad for Julia for what she was going through mentally. I thought it was very realistic that they had Julia go through something like that. I really loved the ending of the episode with William and Julia at the building site of their new home. I loved how excited William was and how he was talking about all the plans he had in his head for their house. I can't wait to see it.

As for George, I liked that he was able to give Nina's brother a second chance and see how he was trying to do something good with his life. I also liked how George was able to help him out as a way of apologizing and also because he honestly thought the garage was a good idea as a business.

That's all for now.
felicity18

felicity18
Bosom Friend

Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:42 pm

Season 10 Episode 3: This week's episode was very interesting. We got to see Freddy Pink again William's childhood friend that we met last season. Anyway, I really like that they brought this character back again.

The case that William was investigating seemed to have frustrated him a lot because he didn't have any evidence to go on. I felt bad for him. However, I really liked that we got to see him use some of his inventions during the case. I especially liked seeing William's lie detector again, although I do miss the original design. Anyway, I also liked seeing William's newest invention as well. It was nice seeing Julia helping him again on a case.

That's all I have for now.
felicity18

felicity18
Bosom Friend

Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Season 10 Episode 4: This week's episode was interesting seeing as William and Julia had to reinvestigate a case.

The Detective Watts was an interesting character to say the least. I really thought that he was going to screw up the investigation but he was a lot better than I thought. I also enjoyed the woman reporter Louise Cherry because of how sneaky she was and the things that she had to do to get a story. The case itself was interesting and I had some of it figured out. For example, I guessed right that it was Shanley's son who killed the his stepfather. I felt bad for William in this episode because he seemed really frustrated with the case and not being able to help and reinvestigate it.

That's all for now.
felicity18

felicity18
Bosom Friend

Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:22 pm

Season 10 Episode 5: This week's episode was really interesting because Brakenreid and George weren't in the episode. It was a change to what we usually see on the show. I have to admit it was a little weird not to have them in this episode.

However, I especially enjoyed the fact that it was concentrated on Rebecca James and that we got to see her investigation skills in action. It was so great and refreshing to see an episode like this in the show. I'm really enjoying Rebecca James and getting to know her even more. The case plot was really interesting. I never knew that scientist back then studied the stuff mentioned in the show.

The funny part of this episode was seeing William trying to choose a contractor to build his and Julia's house. He was being so picky and acting like such a snob almost in making this choice. It was like watching a woman trying to choose between several options of shoes or something. LOL! I've never seen William like this before. It was entertaining to watch.

That's all for now,
felicity18

HistoryMiner
Kindred Spirit

Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:20 am

I've been having trouble watching the episodes on the CBC website. I've been trying for several weeks. Finally, today, I tried the Internet Explorer/Edge browser and the first episode worked. But halfway through Episode 2, it stopped working again.

Episode 1:
For a second there, I thought I was watching "Downton Abbey" with that actress who played Cousin Rosalind! The first episode was pretty good, though I must admit I forgot everything that happened last season. It took me awhile to remember why Julia was seeing things. I still don't remember George's lady friend.

HistoryMiner
Kindred Spirit

Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:51 am

The rest of Episode 2 worked, finally.

Episode 2: I liked this one more. It's a shame so many people were murdered, though. I didn't expect that ending, so it was a good surprise. I was also glad that Julia got over what happened with Eva Pearce. I need a reminder for when George met his girlfriend and where... I don't really feel much chemistry between them. I hope Higgins learned a lesson about throwing cigars.

HistoryMiner
Kindred Spirit

Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:09 am

Episode 3: This was my favourite episode so far this season... no murder! I liked Freddie Pink, and it was an interesting mystery, though it lasted for a little bit too long. George's line about Ma Murphy being notorious for who knows what was funny.

felicity18
Bosom Friend

Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:44 pm

Season 10 Episode 6: This week's episode was all about European football. I'm not a sports fan, so the sport part didn't interest me very much. However I enjoyed the murder plot a lot more. It was nice to see George and Thomas back in the show again. It was a little weird not seeing them last week.

Like I said I enjoyed the murder plot of the story. I felt so sorry for that girl for being raped by the murder victim. That whole part of the story was really great to watch. Though it took me awhile to understand what Thomas' friend's involvement was in the crime and why he was arrested. It was also great to see Thomas' son John again on the show. I always like it when we see his family because we get to see a whole other side of Thomas.

I also enjoyed the scene where Rebecca helps George find the murder weapon in the garbage. I liked her enthusiasm and willingness of going through the garbage with George. The more I learn about Rebecca the more I like her.

That's all for now,
felicity18

HistoryMiner
Kindred Spirit

Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:03 am

Season 10 Episode 4: I really enjoyed "Concocting a Killer". The new detective was very funny, especially when he stated that Julia was not pretty, and the twist was interesting, though it was sad the son became a murderer. I wish they had made it more self-defense. I hope to see the new detective again.

This was an interesting interview with the story editor Simon McNabb about Episode 4:
http://www.tv-eh.com/2016/10/31/murdoch ... -a-killer/

felicity18
Bosom Friend

Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:40 pm

Season 10 Episode 7: This week's episode was great as always. Although it was strange not to have Thomas in the episode. Despite that, I really enjoyed the murder plot. It was so different and unique.

One of my favorite scenes was seeing William and Julie walking down the street hand in hand heading to the cosmetic shop. I always love seeing them together like that, it warms my heart. It was also nice to see Nina Bloom again. I don't know if its going to last between her and George but I'm hoping for the best because George deserves to be happy.

That's all for now,
felicity18

HistoryMiner
Kindred Spirit

Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:50 am

Episode 5: It was a little strange to have an episode without George, or the Inspector. It was interesting to see Ms. James investigate, though the tone was a little off. She shouldn't have just told the bad guy everything at the end.

felicity18
Bosom Friend

Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:15 pm

Season 10 Episode 8: This week's episode was a little weird but still very interesting. I can't wait until Brakenreid comes back into the story because it feels strange without him in it.

As for the case, well it was a really good story. I was really surprised to see Roger Newsome again. At first, I was not happy about it but then later he grew on me when he started being funny. I never liked Roger in the first place, but this episode with him was definitely interesting. I thought that William's wheelchair contraption was really very clever but a little morbid at the same time. Especially when they had to pretend that Roger was still alive. I also liked how William used Roger's love of birds to help him solve the case.

My favorite scene was the last one with William and Julia out in the forest alone together. It was both romantic and funny at the same time. I really enjoyed that scene.

That's all for now,
felicity18

felicity18
Bosom Friend

Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:18 pm

Season 10 Episode 9: This week's episode was quite interesting to say the least. It was so great to see Thomas again in this episode. The show doesn't feel the same without him in it.

As for the story itself, I thought it was pretty good and I really liked how we got to see James Pendrick again for the first time this season. Although considering how the episode ended, I have a feeling that we will see him again in a future episode. Thomas seemed quite restless after coming back from St-Louis, so I'm not surprised that he left to help James track down his former assistant who stole his formula and notes.

It was so funny seeing William act the way he did when James and Thomas became so chummy and seeing feel left out. I felt bad for him because he was James was primarily William's friend. I also noticed in this episode that the painting covering the safe in Pendrick's lab is a painting of Sally Pendrick. We saw that painting in season 3 I believe and haven't seen it since, so it was both nice and a little weird to see it again on the show.

Anyway, it was another great Murdoch Mysteries episode. I'm really looking forward to next week when we see the new Murdoch Christmas movie.

That's all for now,
felicity18

HistoryMiner
Kindred Spirit

Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:37 am

I haven't been logging my thoughts here, so I'll try to remember what I thought.

Episode 6:I was a little confused for a bit because I couldn't figure out who belonged to which team. I'm glad Thomas' son spoke up at the end. It's sad that the murderer did it to protect his sister. Hopefully he gets a reduced sentence.

Episode 7:This case was interesting, though there were too many deaths. Was the teacher mean to the murderer too? They never really said. I did like Julia taking William to the lipstick store, and the re-creation of the lady's face. I'm not sure what I thought of George having an extramarital affair.

Episode 8: I found this episode a little frustrating. I don't remember Roger from previous episodes, but it's disappointing they killed a recurring character, plus 2 other innocent people at the beginning. I don't like shows that glorify murder and play it for laughs. I agree it was morbid, though the wheelchair contraption impressed me too. Is George's story with the dancer over? It seems like they are abruptly starting a new love interest. Higgins was very frustrating in this one with his incompetence.

HistoryMiner
Kindred Spirit

Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:42 am

Episode 9: This episode was alright. It was a little confusing at the end. So the real murderer was just copying and pretending to be the caped man? Why was he using a sword too?

Why is the Inspector leaving all the time? Is the actor unavailable for filming?

I'm not sure what I think of George's love life. I don't feel much chemistry with the reporter. The girl at the dance hall didn't seem like a relationship that would have lasted anyway, though it's a shame she broke it off even though George turned down the reporter.

felicity18
Bosom Friend

Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:03 pm

Once Upon a Murdoch Christmas: So this is the second Murdoch Christmas movie that they've done in show's history. I get the feeling that it will be yearly thing from now on. Anyway, as for the movie itself I thought it was good and I enjoyed watching it.

I really enjoyed the whole Robin Hood Christmas aspect of the movie. I thought it was really cool to combine the two things together. It was cool to see George's imagination come to life through this superhero he created. Also seeing the devices come to life was really cool too. I also enjoyed seeing Julia help those poor children and how she gave them what they needed.

I thought that William's Christmas mystery for Julia was really creative and well thought out. I always love seeing them together and especially loved seeing how Julia was trying to pry it out of William and all of her guesses along the way. The final gift however was perfect for them, going on a scientific expedition. It was so typical of them.

I also loved the whole message behind the movie about giving and helping others. They always have such great messages about Christmas in these movies.

That's all for now,
felicity18

HistoryMiner
Kindred Spirit

Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:32 am

Once Upon a Murdoch Christmas:

Parts of the movie dragged, but I liked some of it. The kids thinking Julia was the Snow Queen was cute. I was wondering why they had her all dressed up for the gala, but it made sense when she went to the cabin.

I'm really glad no one was murdered in this one. Murder always spoil the Christmas spirit.

I liked Ms. James helping with the choir. I also liked see Margaret.

My favorite part has got to be William working the Customer Service/Returns counter. It's hilarious how he used his detective skills to refuse the returns!

The culprits were a bit of a letdown and rather unlikely. I felt a bit badly for George that his graphic novel sold so poorly. I wish he told Murdoch that Jumping Jack was inspired by him. I thought William was a bit rude when he implied George's ideas were not as significant as the illustrator who made them work.

The only part I didn't like was the police officers handing over the badge at the end. That was too hokey and not necessary or realistic. And how The Ice King sudden transformed like Scrooge at the end of The Christmas Carol was unearned.

I really liked William's gift to Julia. The two of them are perfect for an adventure like visiting the Galapagos.

I do hope they make this an annual tradition. And when the show ends, I hope they will consider doing some Christmas movies to reunite the cast!

felicity18
Bosom Friend

Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:28 pm

Season 10 Episode 10: This week's episode was unexpectedly about James Gillies which really surprised me because I thought that he had died back in season 7. I guess they had to do something special for the 10th episode of the 10th season.

I have mixed feelings about this episode as a whole. I didn't really like that they brought back James Gillies because we all thought that he was dead. It also felt like an overused character because we had seen him so many times before. However, I do appreciate the final closure that we got this time knowing for sure that James Gillies was really dead and that there was no chance at all of him coming back. It was a little weird to see Roland in this episode because I thought that story was done as well. I'm a little confused as to how James kidnapped him. I would of liked to have seen William give the little boy back to his father. Anyway, I also liked how Julia was able to do the post-mortem on James Gillies after he was hanged.

On a side note, I really missed George and Thomas in this week's episode. I really hope that Brakenreid comes back into the story soon before the end of the season. The show feels weird when George or Thomas aren't there in the episode.

That's all for now,
felicity18
Last edited by felicity18 on Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

felicity18
Bosom Friend

Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:30 pm

Season 10 Episode 11: This week's episode was a lot lighter compared to last week's episode. I really appreciate the fact that the story was a little lighter this time.

The whole dog show thing was a very interesting story line and made for a funny episode. It was funny to see William with a dog see him interact with it as well. This whole part of the episode was interesting and I enjoyed it. I really liked that they brought back Detective Watts into the story. I was really intrigued by the case that he was working on in this episode and I hope that it will come back later.

On a side note, I really miss Brakenreid in the show and I really hope that he's going to come back soon because the show feels weird without him in it.

That's all for now,
felicity18

Return to “About the Characters & Actors in Road to Avonlea”